Wow, I can’t believe I actually did it – 28 days without a drink – that’s 4 consecutive weekends – all of which contained at least one afternoon/evening family/friends get together. I can honestly say that it’s been over 30 years since I stayed off the booze for that long.
- I’m not an alcoholic, I just love a drink!
- I don’t feel any better not drinking
- Drinking doesn’t make me gain weight – I’ve not lost any weight whilst abstaining
- I have a sweet tooth
- I’m just as boring/exciting sober
- I run faster after a few drinks the night before
- I have great willpower
- Four weeks is enough!
My wife has bought me a nice Seppelt Mount Ida Heathcote Shiraz 2004 in celebration.
To all the Febfasters out there – well done and enjoy your drink of choice tomorrow; you’ve sure earnt it.
Early morning run tomorrow 6.5k.