Not in the running sense, but in the house moving one.
There’s a process that needs to happen when you demolish an existing property and build a new one on it:
- Apply for an Asset Protection Permit – Done!
- Find somewhere else to live – I’ll come back to that
- Vacate the premises
- Advise the Gas and Electric company’s to disconnect their services to the road – the advice can only happen once we vacate the premises (3) They can then take up to 20 business days to complete, although the word is it’s usually completed in a week
- Once number 4 is complete the demolisher s move in and do just that to a 1 metre depth across the whole block.
- Builder starts building
Problem is we wanted this to start before Christmas, but we haven’t found anywhere to live yet, although I’ve made an application for a property in Glenroy that’s ideal. You wouldn’t believe how much some people want for a very average property around here – it’s almost criminal and I’m here to tell you that Real Estate is one of the most arrogant and unaccountable industries out there; no one ever returns your call unless you’re actually selling a property – the rental market is even worse.
Ideal for us is:
- 3 bedrooms
- Very clean
- Air conditioning – this one has evaporative throughout
- Garage for storage
- Half decent sized back yard
So all being well, we can vacate our property by 12th December, the services are disconnected by 19th December and the site is leveled by 25th December and the builder starts by mid January.Here’s hoping.
No exercise today except bowling about 20 overs to my children and wife – word of advice; do not bowl to my wife on the leg side as she slogs the ball to the mid wicket boundary or in our case the next door neighbours back garden.
Scoreline that you won’t see very often: West Ham Utd 4 – 0 Man Utd – WHU are now in the semi finals of the Carling Cup. That’s 2 wins in a row.
Tomorrow Andrew and I are heading out for a 7am run along the Moonee Ponds Creek.