What am I paying for?

Another off topic (running) blog – I’ll get to the running bit, in a bit.

Just what am I paying for?

It seems that when you build a house/units etc on your block of land that the council wants to ensure that their 2 meter pavement and nature strip (grass) at the front is protected and returned to it’s former glory – or state of disrepair n my case. I believe that’s fair, don’t you?

Before building works commence, I have to fill out an “Asset Protection Permit” form and pay a fee of $242.75. That’s fair? NOT

If the pavement or nature strip are damaged, I have to (or the builder in this case) repair it at my/their expense.  So what am I paying for?

A piece of paper  – $242.75?????

Running? – couple of slight twinges in the last few days, so I’ll wait till the weekend to be doubly sure and then back into a easy program.



About offthelongrun

Born in the UK in 1961 - I migrated to Australia in 1991. I've never been overweight, but I drink and eat too much and probably run too much nowadays!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to What am I paying for?

  1. JH says:

    Were you expecting this to be fair?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s