Up The Creek…..

Worked from home and it finally stopped raining around 4.00pm, so I took Andrew’s advice and took to The Moonee Ponds Creek. I mapped out about 8k’s – about 4k up the creek and the other 4k down Mascoma.

About the 5k mark I cam to a dead end – literally, no where to go, huge grass hill to the back of houses to the left of me, a barbed wire fence in front and the creek to the right. So I had to double back and crossed the creek further down and decided to head towards home.

I know I harp on about the hills around here, but as I stood in the dead end, the grass hill (Gowanbrae side) would have been 200m high and the Glenroy side would have been at least 150m. In some ways I’m glad I hit the dead end because in order to get to Mascoma, I’d needed to get to the other side of Gowanbrae!

Lucky for me the route I took only had some rolling hills which weren’t too taxing.

Amazing the waste of public money you see on your travels. About my 7k mark on the Glenroy side the Moreland Council (my council) has erected 4 brick monuments about 600mm square and about 900mm high- in the middle of nowhere under some very low hanging trees. Now 99% of the rate payers would never have seen these things and the other 1% couldn’t see any value in them. Rant over.

Advertisements

About offthelongrun

Born in the UK in 1961 - I migrated to Australia in 1991. I've never been overweight, but I drink and eat too much and probably run too much nowadays!
This entry was posted in Running. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Up The Creek…..

  1. Andrew(AJH) says:

    I’m trying to work out how you got to a dead end because I know that trail goes all the way to Roxburgh Park?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s