Had to go out early this morning, so I had to postpone my 5.6k run until this evening. It was raining as I prepared to go and I contemplated swapping today’s run with Fridays rest day, but in the end I thought that was the easy way out. Lucky for me; I’d forgotten that Chelle had an early flight to Sydney tomorrow which means I have a choice of:
- Getting up at 4:30am for a 40 minute run
- Waiting until 8:30 pm for my 40 minute run (Her flight gets in at 8:00pm)
- Swapping the run with Friday’s rest day
- Putting Sam in creche at the gym and doing 40 minutes on the treadmill – that’s a choice??
- Putting Sam in creche at the gym and doing 40 minutes on the road – without telling the gym I’m leaving the premises – that’s a no -no!
So I ended up running in the rain for the very first time – that’s 3 months running without ever running in the rain. I loved it, felt I was running at a good pace, but didn’t check the watch until the 4k mark (watch buzzes at each 1k) I was under 21 minutes – less than 5:15 pace, so I knew I was traveling well and felt good. Checked the watch again at the 5k “buzz” and thought I was at around 26 minutes – slight delay in getting the backlight on the watch.
Downloaded the data and was pleasantly surprised at my fastest ever 5k split of 25.52:
Chelle and Harry are progressing nicely – they are now up to 5min runs at 7.8k pace (with 5 minute walks either side) and the last two runs have been at the right length and pace.